OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2008-01-28

OpenDocument TC coordination call draft minutes 2008-01-28

* Called to order at 10:02 EST

* Rollcall

Rob Weir, IBM (Presiding)

Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann, Sun Microsystems

Helen Yue, IBM

Mingfei Jia, IBM
Florian Reuter, Novell
Bob Jolliffe, South Africa Dept. of Science & Technology
David Wheeler, Institute for Defense Analyses
Patrick Durusau, Individual

7 of 10 voting members being present, a quorum was achieved.

* Florian proposed a new item for the agenda: discussion of the DIN working group on interoperability. Without objection the agenda was amended.

* The minutes of 21 January 2008, as posted to the TC list, were approved by unanimous consent.

* Action Items

- (Not completed) Work continues on defining the default values.  Ma Yue is working on collecting values from Lotus Symphony.  -- Rob and Helen to follow up with Ma.

- (Not completed) Oliver is working on text field proposal and hopes to have something we can vote on by end of week.

- (completed) Michael posted update on automatic styles proposal: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200801/msg00031.html

- (completed) Electronic Ballot for ODF Accessibility Guidelines document has been requested.  Michael and Rob will confirm voting eligibility based on meeting attendance, according to the minutes.

- (completed) Michael gas divided the SVG integer/float question into two proposals

- (in progress)Feedback is being sought from David Faure

- (not started) bullet lists with constant strings.

* Updates from SC's and Ad-hoc's

- Patrick reported that the ODF 1.0 errata document is progressing well and a draft should be available in approximately a week.

- Patrick also reported that the Metadata Committee's work is ready for review by the full TC, and that they will be seeking approval of its document as a committee draft in two weeks.

- David reported that the formula SC has an outstanding technical issue regarding date counting conventions, that the desire is to reproduce Excel's behavior, but there was no published information that explains these conventions in detail.

-- Rob noted that the Ecma proposed Disposition of Comments report on DIS 29500, recently submitted to JTC1, has additional detail here, but that it was not public.  The information is contained in Ecma's responses 109 and 167.

-- (new action item) Florian will check with Ecma to see if this material can be made public and sent to the ODF TC.

* Discussion

- Florian reported on an WG effort in DIN, the German nation standards body, on defining a mapping between ODF 1.0 and Ecma-376

-- If the WG has questions, they could send these questions to the ODF TC.    The ODF TC unanimously adopted a resolution last year that made it clear that we welcome any such questions, saying in part:

"..[T]he ODF TC welcomes any questions from ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34 and member NB's regarding OpenDocument Format, the functionality it describes, the planned evolution of this standard, and its relationship to other work on the technical agenda of JTC1/SC34."

--The full resolution is here:  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200702/msg00076.html

-- There are also defined OASIS policies around creating liaisons if that route is preferred by the TC:

The meeting was adjourned at 11:02 EST

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]