Subject: Chart legend title, was Re: [office] Chart legend orientation

Hi,

the current description of the chart:legend element is:

"The <chart:legend> element determines whether or not a legend is
displayed in the chart. The legend's position may be specified either as
a relative or as an absolute position. The size of the legend is
calculated automatically and therefore cannot be set as attribute."

In order to add an optional legend title as described below, I suggest
that we add the following paragraph to the description:

"The <chart:legend> element optionally may contain a <text:p> element.
If it is present, it defines a title for the legend."

The change to the schema that is also necessary is already described below.

Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> not being a chart expert I have asked Bjoern Milcke for his opinion:
>>
>>> Something else: there is no attribute for the title of the legend,
>>> right?
>>> Not the chart title, but the text shown inside the legend, which is
>>> usually
>>> "Legend" or nothing at all. Could this be added as well?
>>>
>> Bjoern's suggestion for this is to add a sub-element <chart:title>,
>> similar as to they way the text for the <chart:axis> element is defined.
>
> I wanted to check how we have to extend the schema, and noticed that the
> <chart:title> element does not only contain paragraphs, but has a lot of
> attributes. The attributes include position and style information, that
> seem to be covered by the <chart:legend> element already.
>
> So, isn't want we need just the possibility to include paragraphs in the
> <chart:legend> element, like it is the case for <chart:title>?
>
> That means that the schema for <chart:legend> would change from
>
> <define name="chart-legend">
>     <element name="chart:legend">
>         <ref name="chart-legend-attlist"/>
>         <empty/>