Subject: Re: [office] Groups - Comparison of default styles(default-styles.ods) uploaded

Dear TC members,

I have created a new version of the document:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/27692/default-styles.ods

What has changed:
- I have created two new columns "Element" and "Family" which simplify
the task of creating a styles.xml from a specific column. They just
repeat the family and element of the attributes, and are actually hidden.
- I have created new columns "[document type] Proposals" where those
defaults are listed that were submitted for at least one application,
and where all applications have the same default values. Properties for
which different default values were submitted are marked with a red
background color. I have sometimes included a suggestion for a value we
may take in that case, but that's really only a suggestion. I further
marked a few values with a red background color where I think we may
want to discuss the values even though only a single value was submitted.

A more general question I noticed while creating the document is whether
we want to use "cm" or "in" as unit for lengths. Both works (at least
for me), but we should agree on one unit we use for all default values.

It should be possible now to recreate styles from a column in the
spreadsheet. That means, we can just edit the proposal columns in the
spreadsheet and can create our default styles from the document.

Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM wrote:
> I have updated the document with the new OpenOffice.org defaults styles
> that I have submitted.
>
> I have further marked those defaults (with a yellow background color) that
> I think we should omit because they are or should be platform/application
> dependent.
>
> And I have marked those (with a red background color) where we have
> different defaults implemented or that still seem to be missing.
>
> Regards
> Michael
>
>  -- Mr Michael Brauer

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org