Subject: Re: [office] YEARFRAC, etc.

David,

David A. Wheeler wrote:
> Rob: Thanks for posting the YEARFRAC information from Microsoft XML.  Sadly, it's not specific enough for a real implementation.

In what way is it "not specific enough?" As I recall, our definition did
not state the distinction between options 1 and 4 other than by example,
which is also insufficient for implementation.
> I can try to get more information.  But it's clear that we are holding ourselves to a higher standard than ISO requires, since ISO doesn't require accurate definitions of YEARFRAC.

SC 34 is setting up an errata process to address that type of concern. I
am assuming that if we can propose a solution to the problem and obtain
agreement, even informal, that no one is going to deliberately adopt a
different definition of YEARFRAC.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick