Subject: Re: [office] auto-play presentation file format like PPS

Warren I think you might be a little bit confused.  The point is not for the presentation to "play itself" in the automated manner you suggest.

When you present a presentation you open the file and by default you are in an edit mode - as is the case with the file you provide.  From here you would normally have to press the button, or select the menu item or press the shortcut key (all of these being application dependent) to actually "play" or "present" the presentation.  The only thing automatic which is being suggested is to arrive at this point (automatically) on opening the file.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the presentation should actually "play" itself.  Just that it should be possible to open it in a mode where it is ready to be "played" or presented rather than ready to be edited.

Cheers
Bob

----- Original Message -----
From: "Warren Turkal" <turkal@google.com>
To: "Ming Fei Jia" <jiamingf@cn.ibm.com>
Cc: office@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 1:24:55 AM (GMT+0200) Africa/Harare

I am totally confused at this point. I don't understand what you want.
Therefore, I have included a file, generated with OpenOffice.org. It
is a presentation that plays itself once you start the presentation.
Please take a look and tell me if this is the functionality that you
are saying the play mode should enable.

I will reply more thoroughly to your other comments once I hear back
from you on this issue.

BTW, for the OO.o devs, I hope the interface for setting this timed
event stuff up is being improved in the future versions. This file was
generated on an OO.o 3.0 beta from Mar 14, 2008 for Mac Aqua.

Thanks,
wt