Subject: chart:class

Greetings!

Another oddity for your consideration:

The chart:class attribute in the chart-grid-attlist is defined to mean:

"The |chart:class| attribute specifies whether major or minor tick marks
are used."
(ver. 6, 10.8.5.1, ver. 7.01 18.15.1)

While in chart-chart-attlist, chart:class is defined as:

"The |chart:class| attribute specifies the chart type."
(ver. 6, 10.2.1, ver. 7.01, 18.15)

Granted these are in two different attribute lists but I really don't
think it is good form to reuse attribute names in the same namespace.
Actually my preference is to not reuse attribute names at all but
sometimes that is too difficult to be kept as a hard and fast rule.

I don't think we can change this in ODF 1.2 so I would suggest the
following:

1) Consistent with other changes, add an attribute for "marks" with
defined values to indicate what sort of mark is being specified.

2) Deprecate the usage of chart:class for tick marks and note that it
will go away in 1.3.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34