Subject: Re: Another question

Hi Patrick,

yes --- I think there should be a difference.

If you prefer to add your user bookmarks with an XSL(T) script that fine!

However if you write an application or script which need to keep track of parts of the document I see no reason why these marks should be mixed with the users marks.

~Florian

>>> Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> 05/06/08 5:51 PM >>>
Florian,

Another question based on a comment you made in the fieldmark thread.

Why are you concerned with separating user generated bookmarks and those
generated by scripts?

At least as far as the format is concerned, should there be a difference?

What if I run an XSLT script on an ODF file to generate bookmarks based
on content? Does that mean those are not "user generated bookmarks?"

Assume that I did it simply because there were too many for me to use a
visual interface to enter them.

Thanks!

Hope you are having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net