Subject: Re: [office] proposal; Amend fo:letter-spacing

On Sunday 8. June 2008 19:21:11 robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> In other words, don't we have a model where we specify nominal spacing in
> the markup and then kerning occurs as an implementation-dependent
> algorithm?

Not sure if that is what we want as it makes it harder to make different apps
render the same doc similarly.

But to answer your questions directly; no, its not possible to express an
alteration of line-width in percentage as an absolute value. Those just don't
map from one to the other.  See my other mail in this thread for an overview
of the concepts and I think it will become clear why.

Cheers
--
Thomas Zander

This is a digitally signed message part.