Subject: Re: [office] Direction of radial gradients

David,

Jumping to your second point:

David Faure wrote:
<snip>
> In 1.1 the specification also said:
>
>> 14.14.1 Colors is the following:
>> The gradient interpolates between a start color and an end color, which are
>> specified using the attributes draw:start-color and draw:end-color.
>>
> but I don't see this in 1.2-draft7 ?
>
> The specification could say something like: "If the gradient is radial, ...
> then start-color is the inner color and end-color is the outer color",
> if we decide to follow the OpenOffice behavior.

In 18.352, it says:

> The |draw:start| attribute specifies the start value for the
> |<draw:opacity>| element, which interpolates between the value of this
> attribute and |draw:end|. The range is expressed as percentages where
> 0% is transparent and 100% is opaque.
>
> Ed. Note The value type does not enforce the restriction given in the
> prose.

That does not affect the validity of your first point that we leave the
behavior underdefined.

I don't remember specifically but suspect I changed the prose because a
gradient doesn't "interpolate" between two values. It represents an
interpolation between two values but that isn't the same thing. To be
fully precise, the <draw:opacity> elements contains two attributes,
draw:start and draw:end which specify the start and end values used in
an interpolation of a color gradient. But, wording it from the
perspective of the draw:start attribute the words were shifted around.

Note that the datatype does not enforce the value range given in the prose.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)