Subject: Re: [office] Public comment #20 -- default print range in tables

2008/6/30 David Faure <faure@kde.org>:

> I have asked myself, is this app-specific behavior or should it be in the spec?
> The difference it makes is: if you send a document to someone else and tell
> them "print this!", then a difference in behavior between two applications would
> indeed break interoperability somewhat; the receiving user will print something rather
> different than what the sender of the document intended. Page breaks at
> a different place could rather ruin the printed document.
> So, contrary to my first reaction of "this is app-specific behavior", I believe
> it is useful to have this in the specification.

I'm not sure about page breaks (A4 vs letter David?)

The basic print 'annoying the user' is a feature that should cause
the addition to the spec for consistent use across vendor products.
Suggest the print range, once set, be added to stored metadata, required
even if not set. Start cell to end cell, before:start and after:end
If not set behaviour is application dependent.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.