Subject: Re: [office] the simple proposal: forwards compatibility

2008/7/14 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun
Microsystems <Oliver-Rainer.Wittmann@sun.com>:

>> b) I would not know how to implement the proposal in a reader which
>> supports ODF1.0/1.1 and ODF1.2. Consider the
>> following pseudo-code fragments:
>>

> I think this question/comment/concern is irrelevant and can not be solved,
> because as you already notice, in ODF 1.0/1.1 it is not defined, how an ODF
> 1.0/1.1 supporting application should react on forbidden combinations. Thus,
> it is not possible to define such a behavior in ODF 1.2 for ODF 1.0/1.1
> supporting application.

As a more general question, the standard should perhaps
provide an expected reaction by a version x application
to content in version x+n?

Does such content fall into that defined in 1.5 (weak as it is)?
Ignore it?
Remove it if you want?

What should a 1.2 application do with content from 2.0?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.