Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Re: [office] Table Refresh Delay

I understand - It just does not seem practical for refreshing a table in 10 ms intervals.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer
Inactive hide details for Robert Weir/Cambridge/IBM@LotusRobert Weir/Cambridge/IBM@Lotus

          Robert Weir/Cambridge/IBM@Lotus

          07/14/08 03:49 PM

office@lists.oasis-open.org, office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[office-accessibility] Re: [office] Table Refresh Delay

Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote on 07/12/2008 11:52:20 AM:

> Can someone from the TC please tell me the units for: <table:refresh-delay> ?
>
> Is this in seconds? This is very important for accessibility as if
> it is less than a second then there is a potential to cause seizures.
>
> Whatever the answer, would someone please update the specification
> to reflect the actual units?
>
> Thank you,
> Rich

table:refresh-delay is typed xsd:duration, which uses ISO 8601 format time durations.  So the units will be specified in the attribute value.

For example "PT10S" would be 10 seconds.  "PT0.5S" would be 1/2 second.  "PT1H30M" would be 1 hour 30 minutes.

The resolution required by XML Schema Datatypes for a "minimally conforming processor" is millisecond resolution.

So the notation certainly allows specification of sub-second updates.

-Rob

GIF image