Subject: Fw: [chairs] Enhancements to Kavi upload notifications and TC wikis

Fyi.  This appears to address the concerns we raised a while back.

-Rob

----- Forwarded by Robert Weir/Cambridge/IBM on 11/07/2008 10:22 AM -----

From:
"Mary McRae" <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>
To:
<chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:
11/07/2008 09:07 AM
Subject:
[chairs] Enhancements to Kavi upload notifications and TC wikis

NOTE: Anyone with the role of ?Chair? or ?Secretary? is automatically
subscribed to this group. Feel free to pass along this information to your
fellow TC participants.

There has been a small, but significant improvement in the way upload
notifications are written, which you may or may not have noticed. Kudos go
to Neil Schelly, the OASIS Systems Administrator, for figuring out how to
intercept the email that is, by default, sent to a Technical Committee
list each time a document is uploaded. That notification has always used
the ?members only? URI ? the version that requires your login/password
before you are given access. That message is now intercepted and the URIs
are replaced with the publicly accessible URI ? meaning anyone reading the
message in the email archives will be able to follow the link and not be
denied access.

Yes, there are any number of possible approaches, all of which would have
required a greater investment of time and/or resulted in breaking rules
around other types of groups that are also hosted in the Kavi system. This
approach addresses one of the major problems in that someone finds the
upload notification message but is unable to actually access the asset,
giving the impression that some of the TC?s work is hidden.

I would encourage all TC members to take note of that message and whenever
referring to the particular document, make use of the publicly accessible
URI.

Additionally, the ability to author wiki pages using HTML has recently
been added. Use ?#format html? on the first line and enter (or paste) raw
HTML markup.

Again, thanks to Neil for helping us improve the services we offer to our
committees. There are more to come.

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Technical Committee Administration
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org