Subject: Re: [office] Re: [office-accessibility] Re: [office] Re:[office-accessibility] radio buttons wrap-up

Hi Rich,

On 12/05/08 00:28, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:
> We are ignoring another problem here which has to do with actually
> labelling the group. Today,
> ODF allows you to express labels for individual controls as it takes a
> form id. So potentially,
> you can ODF markup which labels members of a group or not. So, it is
> insufficient to just mark
> each radio button with the group they belong to. For accessibility you
> want to be able to group elements
> and label the group.  It seems to easy to fall into the weeds of
> labelling controls that are part of a group and those that are not.

Isn't <form:frame> what we have for this purpose?

Actually, I think we have to differ between grouping controls logically,
  and something that allows us to specify the "1 out of n" relation of
radio buttons. Both a different topics, and I would not want to mix them.

> Also, why would there not be a group concept for other things like radio
> buttons. I can imagine a form where a set of
> checkboxes are related to an operation and could be grouped semantically.
>
> <form:form form:name="Standard" >
> <form:fixed-text form:name="LabelField1" form:for="foo"
> form:label="LABEL 1" />
> <xform:group id="foo">
> <form:checkbox>
> </xform:group>
>
> You could then make statements on radio buttons as members of the group
> where they can only be single select radios.

To be honest, I don't understand this example. Can you please provide
some more details.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten