Subject: Re: [office] FO properties

Michael,

Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> On 20.12.08 13:41, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>> Michael,
>>
>> I am checking all the responses I have gotten over the last couple of
>> months to make sure I have incorporated or responded to all
>> suggestions for the pre-Christmas draft.
>>
>> The division into formatting properties versus others will not make
>> it in that draft. :-(
>>
>> However, so I can get a good run at it for next the draft after that,
>> are there any "formatting" properties aside from those of SVG and FO?
>> I have a sense there are but I don't think we have every enumerated
>> them. Are any of the style properties "formatting" properties?|
>> |

> Yes, all attributes (and elements) that have one of the

OK, but organizationally I understood your suggestion to be:

-- Gather all formatting attributes (SVG, FO, style:*) into a single
chapter (separate from current chapter 18)

 From what you say above, are you suggesting that we need separate
treatment of all formatting elements and their children?

Not disagreeing, just trying to understand the extent of your observation.

Such that given the current structure the text would have the following
form (roughly speaking):

(Each of the following sections containing chapters)

Structural Elements

Structural Attributes

Formatting Elements

Formatting Attributes

Or some other order, my question here being division into respective
buckets of materials.

I suppose with the new scripts that you have developed we will have less
difficulty keeping down the re-use of element/attribute names, etc.

BTW, for anyone reading this post, this is *not* a proposal for any
version of ODF. It is simply an exploration of how to best present the
material without substantive change to the text.

Hope you are at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)