Subject: Re: [office] Review of some style: attributes

Oliver,

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> I am currently reviewing ODF 1.2 draft 7-13.
> First, I am checking, if and how my comments to ODF 1.2 draft 7-9 are
> considered.
>
> First results:
>
> I have noticed that my proposed change to "style:horizontal-pos"
> chapter is not considered. Do you have overseen it or do you had a
> reason for not considering it?

Just as a general rule it would be most helpful if everyone could quote
their prior comments when asking about them. I have gotten comments in
emails, incorporated as parts of the ODF drafts, etc.

In this case the comment was:

> - "18.750 style:horizontal-pos"
> -- table 13 should be moved to sub chapter "18.751 style:horizontal-rel"
The present section number (in draft 13) is: 18:748 to 18:749.

Which should also include re-writing the final paragraph of 18:748,
which now reads:

> The following tables display the combinations of values of the
> attributes |style:horizontal-pos| and |style:horizontal-rel|. The
> values of these alignment attributes are listed in the first column on
> the left, and an alignment attribute value/anchor type value match is
> indicated by an X.

Michael has the editing pen at the moment but I will mark this in my
hard copy for changing in the next version.

I don't have a specific memory of this comment but assume after
reviewing it I simply overlooked it. Sorry.

BTW, I looked more closely at the tables and the statement that:

> The following tables display the combinations of values of the
> attributes |style:horizontal-pos| and |style:horizontal-rel|.
Is wrong or at least incomplete. The tables represent the permitted
relationships between style:horizontal-pos (table 12) and
style:horizontal-rel (table 12) and values of the text:anchor-type
attribute.

The first sentence should read:

"Table 12 lists the permitted combinations of values for the
style:horizontal-pos and text:anchor-type attributes."

I would replace "any" with "all values" just to be clear.

And then for table 13 we should say (separately):

"Table 13 lists the permitted combinations of values for the
style:horizontal-rel and text:anchor-type attributes."

Yes?

> I have also noticed that the approved proposal "extension of vertical
> relation values for certain anchor types" is not yet integrated. But,
> I think Michael is working on the integration of the approved
> proposals. Right?

Yes.

Hope you are at the start of a great week!

Patrick

> Best regards, Oliver.
>
> Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:
>> Dear TC members,
>>
>> I have reviewed the following attributes in chapter 18 of our ODF 1.2
>> draft 9-10:
>>
>> - "18.750 style:horizontal-pos"
>> -- table 13 should be moved to sub chapter "18.751 style:horizontal-rel"
>>
>> - "18.751 style:horizonal-rel"
>> -- ok from my point of view
>>
>> - "18.859.1 style:vertical-pos"
>> -- move sub chapter from outline level 3 to outline level 2
>> -- table 15 should be moved to sub chapter "18.860 style:vertical-rel"
>>
>> - "18.860 style:vertical-rel"
>> -- approved proposal "extension of vertical relation values for
>> certain anchor types" needs to be integrated.
>>

>> Regards, Oliver.

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)