OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2009-01-05 (revised)

OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2009-01-05

* Begin 10:04 EST

* Rollcall

+Robert Weir, IBM (presiding)
+Ming Fei Jia, IBM
+Patrick Durusau, Individual
+Bob Jolliffe, South Africa Department of Science and Technology
+David Wheeler, Institute for Defense Analyses
+Michael Brauer, Sun Microsystems
+Oliver-Rainer Wittmann, Sun Microsystems
+Eike Rathke, Sun Microsystems
+Jun Ma, Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software
+Doug Mahugh, Microsoft
+Eric Patterson, Microsoft
David Faure, KDE e.V 
+Jomar Silva, ODF Alliance 

Voting Members are indicated with a + before their name. 

- 12 of 15 voting members (80%) were in attendance, so quorum requirements 
were met.

Membership notes:

-  David Faure will gain voting rights at the adjournment of today's 

* Agenda was approved by unanimous consent

* Minutes of the 15 December call were approved by unanimous consent

* ODF 1.2 Proposals

Approved: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Table-Protected

The TC discussed the list notes from Dennis and Bob, discussing the 
possibility that this table protection feature may incorrectly create an 
expectation that it is a security feature.  This is unrelated to the 
proposal submitted by Michael.   Additional clarifying language may be 
considered for ODF 1.2, perhaps looking at the language adopted at the 
OOXML BRM for the analogous feature in OOXML.


Discussed in the absence of the proposer, Dennis Hamilton.  A vote will 
occur at next week's meeting.


Bob summarized the proposal.  Rob suggested that a reference to the ETSI 
standard for XAdes be added.  Bob to work with Patrick to get a reference 
in proper format added.  A vote on this proposal will occur at next week's 


Michael briefly discussed this proposal in the absence of the proposer, 
Dennis Hamilton.  Vote will occur at next week's TC meeting.


MingFei presented his proposal.  David Faure asked about the relationship 
between this and outline styles.  There may need to be an additional 
clarification made in the specification to address this question.  A vote 
on MingFei's proposal will occur at the next TC call.

* Other discussion

- David Faure brought up an outstanding question with regards to gradient 
direction and SVG.  He will post the details to the list.

- Michael and Rob briefly discussed the schedule for completing ODF 1.2 
The TC may approve one or more Committee Drafts, followed by a public 
review period leading to a Committee Specification.  Since public reviews 
take 60-days, and the TC cannot change the specification during the 
review, we may want to send the three formal parts of ODF to review 
separately.  For example, the core specification could be under public 
review while we simultaneously complete the editing of OpenFormula.  In 
this way we can optimize our productivity.

* Adjourned at 11:04

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]