Subject: OASIS Conformance Requirements?

Michael,

I apologize for the confusing question about normative statements in the body of the specification being traceable to specific conformance statements in the Conformance Section (not literally linked, but clearly tied to particular conformance targets).

I was thinking in terms of the 4 September 2007 Guidelines to Writing Conformance Clauses
http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html

There are a number of specific instructions about identifying conformance targets and there is an interesting checklist in section 6:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/TCHandbook/ConformanceGuidelines.html#_Toc170119665

I think I am not clear on how closely we are attempting to follow those Guidelines.  Had the TC already reached an agreement on that?

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org