Subject: Re: [office] Drawing page names (Re: [office] OpenDocument TC MeetingMinutes 2006-02-13)

Dear TC members,

below proposal is one of the last two which I have not integrated into
the ODF 1.2 specification part 1 so far (there are a few more that I did
not integrate, but these are changes to part 3).

The proposal was to add <svg:desc> and <svg:title> to <draw:page> and
already. But for <table:table> I have the concerns that I stated below.
I did therefore suggest a slightly different solution for <table:table>,
but never tried to get a decision on this.

The questions now are?

Do we need title and description for <table:table>, as Malte suggested
below?
If yes, shall we use <svg:desc> anc <svg:title>, or follow an
alternative approach using attributes?

Opinions on this are welcome.

On 11/22/07 10:09, Michael Brauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while integrating this proposal into the specification, I noticed that
> it would cause an inconsistency for tables:
>
> Tables are not per se graphical objects, so it seems a little bit
> uncommon to add svg elements to them. We had a similar situation for
> hyperlinks, where we use an "office:title" attribute instead. I
> therefore suggest that we reuse the office:title attribute for tables,
> and add an office:desc attribute, too.
>
> I further suggest that specify that the two attributes are ignored, if
> the table element is a child of an draw:frame element, because in this
> situation, the frame itself has a title and a description.
>
> The inconsistency does not effect the drawing pages.
>
> Michael
>

> Malte Timmermann wrote:
>> Makes sense for me.
>>
>> Matches well with what we have for shapes, and the mapping for
>> Accessibility API.
>>
>> BTW - I propose to have the same for sheets in a spreadsheet:
>> - Same features for Accessible Name/Description
>> - Sheet names have much more restrictions because of macro access, so
>> via the Title people can give them names they otherwise can't.
>>
>> Malte.
>>
>> Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote, On 10/26/07 14:11:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have discussed the results of our discussion in the last TC call
>>> with Christian. He suggests that we adapt solution B (the
>>> draw:display-name) a little, and add <svg:title> and
>>> <svg:description> elements instead of a "draw:display-name"
>>> attribute. That is, the draw:name attribute would stay unique, but
>>> the <svg:title> element could be used to add a non-unique name or
>>> title to the page.  The two elements <svg:title> and
>>> <svg:description> exist for shapes already. The solution therefore
>>> would be consistent with shapes

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten