Subject: Re: [office] detailed review of properties fo:margin-left andfo:text-align

Hi Patrick,

in the ODF 1.2 draft 7-13 I did not found my below proposed text change
considered.
Is this proposed text change still on your queue or do you have overseen it?

Best regards, Oliver.

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> Dear TC members,
>
> I stated in my ODF 1.2 draft review results from 2008-10-27 - see
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200810/msg00134.html - that
> the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs from property fo:margin-left should be moved
> to element <style:list-level-label-alignment>.
> I also stated that the 2nd paragraph, the following enumeration and the
> 3rd paragraph of property fo:text-align should be moved to element
>
> I had given me action items to provide the corresponding text changes
> and here they are:
>
> After removing the 2nd paragraph, the following enumeration and the 3rd
> paragraph from the text of property fo:text-align, the following text
> (or something similar) should be added at the end:
> <new text>
> For its meaning as a list level property, see [reference to
> </new text>
>
> Here is the text for element <style:list-level-properties>, which should
> be added at the end:
> <new text>
> If property text:list-level-position-and-space-mode equals
> "label-width-and-position", property fo:text-align specifies the
> horizontal alignment of the list label within the width specified by the
> text:min-label-width attribute.
> If property text:list-level-position-and-space-mode equals
> "label-alignment", value of propety text:min-label-width is treated as 0
> and thus fo:text-align specifies the horizontal alignment of the list
> label at the alignment position. The alignment position in with case is
> given by properties fo:margin-left and fo:text-indent of sub element
> according to the fo:text-align value are:
> - center: The center of the list label is positioned at the alignment
> position.
> - left: The list label starts at the alignment position.
> - right: The list label ends at the alignment position.
> </new text>
>
> After removing the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs from fo:margin-left, the
> following text (or something similar) should be added at the end:
> <new text>
> For its meaning as a list level property, see [reference to
> chapters].
> </new text>
> This text should also be added to the text of property fo:text-indent.
>
> Here is the text for element <style:list-level-label-alignment>, which
> should be added at the end:
> <new text>
> The attributes fo:text-indent and fo:margin-left specify the indent and
> margin for the text lines of the paragraph inside a list item. The value
> fo:margin-left + fo:text-indent specifies the indent of the first text
> line of the list item. Because the value of list level property
> text:min-label-width is treated as 0 - see [reference to
> position for the list label.
> The value of these two list level properties are only considered for
> paragraphs inside list items those paragraph styles do not specify them
> [...]

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (od) - OpenOffice.org Writer