Subject: Re: [office] Moving forward on Conformance

Hi Rob,

thank you for this summary. I think it very well describes the situation.

What I would like to add here is what you said in another mail, that is,
that we must also consider that some more work regarding conformance is
done in the OIC TC.

So here are my preferences.

On 02/03/09 17:06, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> 1) For products, I'd like to see us follow C) and define conformance for
> ODF Documents, Producers, Consumers and Processors.  B) would also be
> acceptable.

My preference is B). The simple reason is that is appears to be
difficult to define requirements for processors without specifying what
their purpose is.

I actually could imagine that it may be much easier to define
conformance for processors in the OIC TC, where we may define different
classes of processors.

> 2) For conformance classes, My preference is for C, but B would also be
> acceptable.  Of the dual-class choices, E is the least offensive.

C would be my preference, too, but B is also acceptable.

> 3) And for the last question, this will depend on what agreement we can
> arrive to on the other two questions, but I generally want to avoid a
> proliferation of conformance classes, with applications as well as
> documents.

I agree to this, too.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS