Subject: review of editor's notes for attributes of namespace fo

Hi Patrick,

I had a look at the editor's notes for attributes of namespace fo of our
ODF 1.2 specification, committee draft 1.

Here are my proposed solutions/questions/comments:

- ed. note in "18.239 fo:column-count"
Unfortunately, no input from my side.
I do not know, why we initial choose namespace fo for this ODF attribute.
It seems that the same applies to attribute fo:column-gap in 18.240.

- first ed. note in "18.244 fo:margin-left"
In my opinion this attribute refers the one in the parent style, when
its value is a percentage. We should improve our wording accordingly.

- second ed. note in "18.244 fo:margin-left"
By saying that "Percentage values are not supported for
This has to be reflected by the schema.

- third ed. note in "18.244 fo:margin-left"
I think your arguments for a simple definition are reasonable. I propose
to re-work this attribute in the next ODF version.

- ed. note in "18:245 fo:max-height"
I do not know why we have initial included the dependency of its unit to
the one of fo:min-height.
Does somebody else has knowledge about this dependency?

- ed. note in "18.247 fo:min-height"
Unfortunately, I have no answer to the question in this ed. note.
Somebody else?

- ed. note in "18.248 fo:min-width"
The same as for ed. note in "18.247 fo:min-height".

- ed. note in "18:253 fo:text-indent"
My posting
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200812/msg00018.html, which
also contains some text for <style:list-level-label-alignment> solves
this ed. note.

- ed. note in "19.174.1 General"
I do not understand the purpose of this ed. note.

- ed. note in "19.181 fo:font-family"
I do not the answer to the question in the ed. note.
Somebody else?

- ed. note in "19.182 fo:font-size"
I see no reason, why we should deprecate this attribute.

- ed. notes in "19.184 fo:font-variant"
I can not provide any resolution to these ed. notes, because I am not an
expert of this font attribute.

- ed. note in "19.185 fo:font-weight"
No input from my side

- ed. note in "19.186 fo:height"
I do not know, why we use this attribute only for the bullet image of
bulleted lists.
Somebody else?

- ed. note in "19.187 fo:hyphenate"
Again, no input from my side - not my playground

- ed. note in "19.198 fo:margin-botton"
If used in a comment style and its value is percentage, it refers to the
corresponding attribute of the parent style.

- ed. notes in "19.199 fo:margin-left"
[see above - ed. notes in "18.244 fo:margin-left]

- ed. note in "19.200 fo:margin-right"
It is correct that we have no right margins for list items.
For reference mechanism, same as for fo:margin-left and fo:margin-bottom

- ed. note in "19.201 fo:margin-top"
reference mechanism as the other fo:margin-... attributes.

- ed. note in "19.202 fo:max-height"
[see above]

- ed. note in "19.204 fo:min-height"
[see above]

- ed. note in "19.205 fo:min-width"
[see above]

- ed. note in "19.215 fo:text-align"
What is meant by this statement is that value "start" (and also value
"end") are interpreted according the writing direction.
E.g, in horizontal left-to-right layout "start" it is interpreted as
"left", while in horizontal right-to-left layout "start" it is
interpreted as "right".

- ed. notes in "19.216 fo:text-align-last"
-- first: Ok.
-- second: schema will no longer contain defaults.

- ed. note in "19.217 fo:text-indent"
[see above]

- first ed. note in "19.219 fo:text-transform"
Hm, in ed. note for fo:font-variant it is said that you want to delete
this text.
But as stated above, I am not an expert in this area.

- second ed. note in "19.219 fo:text-transform"
I do not know, if we want to switch

- ed. note in "19.220 fo:widows"
As far as I know, we only use this attributes for paragraphs.

- ed. note in "19.221 fo:width"
[Same as for for the ed. note for fo:height - see above]

- ed. notes in "19.222 fo:wrap-option"
no input from my side.
Somebody else?

Best regards, Oliver.

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
Nagelsweg 55             Software Engineer - OpenOffice.org/StarOffice
20097 Hamburg
Germany                  Fax:   (+49 40) 23 646 955
http://www.sun.de        mailto:oliver-rainer.wittmann@sun.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft:

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann (od) - OpenOffice.org Writer