Subject: Re: [office] More on graphics response

***************************************

> Christian also posted a note on:
>
> anim:audio-level
>
> We say:
>
>> The |anim:audio-level| attribute specifies the volume during
>> playback. Its value is a number in the range 0 (inaudible) to 1 (the
>> system volume).
>>
> My comment and the response:
>>
>> Ed. Note System volume is undefined and that in the schema the
>> datatype is double.
>>
>> CL: System volume means that you can't define the sound to be louder
>> than what the user set as the loudest volume on his system. So '1' is
>> the maximum volume allowed on that system and 0.5 would be half of that.
>>
> OK, so would:
>
> "The |anim:audio-level| attribute specifies the volume level during
> playback. Its value is a number in the range 0 (inaudible) to 1 (the
> maximum system volume)."
>
> do the trick?
>
> Hope everyone is having a great day!
>
> Patrick

I think that it would be more clear with:

"The |anim:audio-level| attribute specifies the volume level during
playback. Its value is a number in the range 0 (inaudible) to 1 (the
current system volume)."

As a non-native English speaker, "maximum system volume" sounds very
loud (i.e. if I have my PC connected with my home theater, they'll form
a very loud system). Also, the text proposed my Patrick may bring me
translation problems if I need to translate ODF 1.2 to Brazilian
Portuguese, as I did with ODF 1.0 (BTW, I hope I really need to
translate 1.2).

Best,

Jomar

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature