Subject: ODF 1.2: Error in Section 1.3, Namespaces

In ODF 1.2 cd01 rev06, Section 1.3 Namespaces, Table 1, the prefix "drawing"
should be "draw".  "drawing" is not used as a prefix for binding a namespace
in the schema or anywhere else in the specification.

This is also a non-critical item to be optionally introduced in any future
errata for earlier editions of OASIS ODF and IS 26300.  It appears that no
implementations are impacted, since the choice of prefix binding in Table
1.3 is entirely for expository purposes.  This is an editorial problem that
apparently is overlooked without consequence.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/200904/msg00051.html
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 07:05
To: 'Alex Brown'; 'office-comment@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: RE: [office-comment] "draw" ns prefix? (ODF all versions)

Oh my.

1. I notice that "drawing" is specified in section 1.3 tables all the way
back to OASIS ODF 1.0 and that definitions persists in IS 26300 and ODF 1.1
(see also http://wiki.oasis-open.org/oic/SpecAnalysis/1.1/1/1.3).

2. I also notice that the Relax-NG schema binds the proper namespace URI to
prefix "draw" in section 1.4 (ODF 1.1 and earlier) and that is the prefix
used throughout the schema and throughout the specification as a way to
signify the namespace (see also
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/oic/SpecAnalysis/1.1/1/1.4).

3. I checked the last-published errata and found no corrections to section
1.3.

 - Dennis