Subject: ODF TC Liaisons

OASIS has a defined Liaison Policy that describes how OASIS TC's may
appoint liaisons to other technical committees and working groups.  The
appointment of a liaison requires a vote of the TC, notification of OASIS
Management, and listing on the TC's home page.  Full details are here:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php#tcliaison

We've talked about this before, but never followed through on the vote. It
is time to move this along.  I'd like to formalize the informal liaisons
relationships that we already have.  These are typically based on a TC
member having membership in multiple committees and agreeing to represent
the TC to the other organization, in matters of mutual interest.  To be
useful, a liaison should commit to regular attendance in both committees.
A TC liaison cannot officially speak for or obligate OASIS, but can help
with technical coordination and information sharing.

The places where I know we have overlapping memberships today include:

1) OASIS ODF Adoption TC (Rob, Michael, Peter, Don)

2) OASIS ODF Interoperability and Conformance TC (Rob, Michael, Dennis)

3) JTC1/SC34 (Patrick, Rob, Doug, Stephen, Florian)

4) Ecma TC45 (Doug, Florian, Stephen)

5) JTC1/SC34/WG5 "Document Interoperability" (unknown, presumably Doug,
Stephen and Florian).

6) JTC1/SC34/Ad Hoc Group 3 "Maintenance of ISO/IEC 26300" (unknown, since
it was just formed, but anyone already a SC34 member may join, subject to
their NB's approval)

Any others we care about?  Anything is the W3C we need to coordinate with?
 RDFa? SVG?  XForms?

So two questions for the TC:

A) Which of these committees warrant the appointment of a liaison?

B) Who should the liaisons be?

I'll take any self-nominations to be an sufficient response to both
questions and put any such nomination on the agenda of an upcoming call
for vote.