Subject: Re: [office] Discussion: Public Comment and Errata Urgency/Priority/ActionLevels

David Faure <faure@kde.org> wrote on 05/15/2009 05:35:52 AM:

> Re: [office] Discussion: Public Comment and Errata Urgency/Priority/
> Action Levels
>
> On Friday 08 May 2009, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> > This seems to be configurable with JIRA [3], however I would
> > guess, that tweaks have a global effect on the JIRA installation at
> > OASIS.
>
> No, JIRA is very customizable, you can configure everything per
> project where necessary.

Changing the levels is not something we can get to given the access rights
defined for our OASIS-assigned roles.  Even though TC Chairs have some
additional right, beyond what other members have, these additional rights
appear to be limited to:

1) Adding/Removing "components" and assigning default owners for each
component
2) Adding "versions" and assigning due dates to them
3) Editing, but not deleting, any issue

But I think we can work with this.  Remember, we've managed for several
years with nothing, and for over a year with just a wiki and a
spreadsheet.  Even with our limited rights in JIRA it is still a lot more
powerful than what we've been using.