Subject: RE: [office] Using JIRA

During a public review, we are required to respond to comments.  But this
is typically done in batch.  If we receive 500 comments, we are not
expected to send 500 acknowledgements to the comment list.   When the
public review period is over, we can create a document that indicates the
resolution of each comment received and then notify the comment list with
a link to that document.

My preference is to keep the comment list informative, with as little
redundant information as possible.  This means that it should
predominately consist of:

1) public comments
2) questions on those comments where the comment was unclear
3) clarifications from the original commenter

If we responded to every comment with a boiler-plate acknowledgement, it
would immediately make half of the posting useless, and substantially
increase the work I need to do to find the real comments to transcribe
into JIRA.

Also, note that all submissions to the comment list end up being send back
to the poster themselves (if they are still on the list) so they already
receive confirmation that the comment was received.

-Rob

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 05/26/2009
12:21:10 PM:

> Although I still think an explicit response is more powerful (since I
think
> we are supposed to do that during public review anyhow?), I accept that
it
> might be burdensome to do.
>
> I'm happy to do that much since it doesn't require JIRA privileges to
carry
> out, if you're willing for it to be done on a voluntary, casual basis.
>
>  - Dennis

URL