Subject: RE: [office] Tying issues to committee drafts

From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200906/msg00031.html
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 09:25
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 06/02/2009
12:03:27 PM:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200906/msg00029.html

> RE: [office] Tying issues to committee drafts
>
> I'm confused.  I thought cd02 (aka cd01 rev06) is what we are currently
> reviewing and we will likely see cd02 rev01, cd02 rev02, etc., until we
> decide to declare one of them cd03.  That was the pattern in moving from
> initial cd01 to declaration of cd02.

That is the pattern that OASIS asks us to follow.  We have revisions of a
CD until the new CD is approved, etc.

> I assume that you apply a resolved issue (in JIRA parlance) when you
have
> actually made the changes to the draft (revision) you are working on.
> Although technically, it would not be fully applied until it survived
into
> an approved cd?

I think that is the intent.  JIRA is for tracking issues.  It is not an
approval mechanism.  Meeting minutes are for recording what the TC
approves or doesn't approve, and these decisions for the most part are
batched into CD approval votes.  The main thing we want JIRA to track is
the textual emendation of the current working text to include the stated
resolution of the issue.

What would help is if Patrick (or anyone else resolving issues) would note
what revision a particular issue is resolved in.  Right now I have
"releases" for ODF 1.2.  I could define releases for ODF 1.2 - CD02Rev6,
CD02Rev7, etc.  Or we could just track that information in the comment
field as we go.

[ ... ]

>   (2) we understand that a cd includes all changes applied to
intermediate
> drafts since the previous cd (including any reversions/replacements of
> changes)
>
> It might come down to how filtering works best?

I think we have (2) above.  The JIRA filtering mechanism should allow us
to filter on release = ODF 1.2 to produce a master list of changes, or to
do a free-text search in the comment fields for a particular CD revision
if we care to track that.  For example, we should be able to produce a
list of all issues fixed in ODF12-Rev6.

-Rob

>  - Dennis

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200906/msg00018.html