Subject: Re: [office] JIRA: is watching an issue supposed to work?

Hi Patrick,

On Wednesday, 2009-07-08 06:56:28 -0400, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Apparently it is another permissions issue:
>
> http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/latest/voterswatchers.html
>
> Or at least that is how I interpret that part of the documentation on JIRA.

To me that talks about permissions to view and manage the
voters/watchers list, but not about the watching itself. Apparently that
functionality is broken, or yet another thing that doesn't work without
editor rights. Effectively that means I have to poll all issues I'm
interested in to watch for changes, or filter them from the mailing
list. What a waste of time.

Btw, with all those issue changes posted, reading this mailing list gets
more than cumbersome, unless one filters them out..

  Eike

--
 OpenOffice.org / StarOffice Calc core developer and i18n transpositionizer.
 SunSign   0x87F8D412 : 2F58 5236 DB02 F335 8304  7D6C 65C9 F9B5 87F8 D412

PGP signature