Subject: JIRA: Moving Closed-Unresolved to Closed-Resolved-NoAction

Here is what I have done to take items assigned to me but that are Closed-Unresolved to a Closed-Resolved-YOURSTATUSHERE condition.  In my case, the YOURSTATUSHERE is usually "No Action" when clearing up my own issues from my office-comment postings that are not new issues.  These are mostly just discussion of some other posting which has the actual issue, and that posting has the issue to be resolved, if any.

1. I have editor privileges on JIRA so your mileage may vary.

2. On the JIRA page for the ODF TC, follow the By Assignee link for you name.

3. On the resulting search-result, scroll down to the farthest-down issue that is Closed but in UNRESOLVED state.  If there are none, or you don't want to do any processing, just close the page.  Otherwise ...

4. On the link to the OFFICE-nnnn issue you want to change the status of, do whatever is necessary to open the issue in a new browser page (this is easier than opening in a new tab or in the same window).

5. Review the issue and determine what you want done in terms of having a different status.  If you don't want to do anything on this issue, you can go straight to step 13 or close the issue page in your browser and go back to step 3.

6. If it is appropriate to change the status, under Available Workflow Actions on the left sidebar, click Reopen Issue.

7. Scroll down to the bottom of the Reopen Issue page.  If desired, make an entry in the "Comment (an optional comment describing this update)" field.  For my case, there are already comments in the issue that explains that no action is needed, so I don't find it necessary to make another comment.

8. Click the "Reopen Issue" button.

9. On the now-Open Issue page that comes up, you can now proceed to change the status.

10. Under "Available Workflow Actions" click "Resolve Issue".

11. On the Resolve Issue page change the Resolution pull-down from the default Fixed to No Action.  (In some cases, I have used "Duplicate" as a resolution, but I found it easier to simply "No Action" out most of these without making any further analysis.)

12. Click the "Resolve Issue" button at the bottom of that page.

13. On the now-Resolved page that comes up, under "Available Workflow Actions" click "Apply Issue Resolution."

14. On the Apply Issue Resolution page that comes up, scroll down and click the "Apply Issue Resolution" button.

15. On the now-Applied Issue page that comes back, now click the Available Workflow Action "Close Issue."

16. On the Close Issue page scroll down to the bottom and click the "Close Issue" button.

17. IMPORTANT FINAL STEP.  On the Closed, No-Action page that comes back, look for the little in the upper-right corner of the issue title block (just below the Quick Search field) that has Return to Search, and also <<Previous and Next>> links.  Since I started at the last one, I take the <<Previous link.  This will bring up a new issue assigned to you, if there are any left.  Go to step 5 and repeat there.

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org