Subject: Table of Contents Question

Greetings!

In applying the resolution to this issue:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-805

Which now reads in part:

> |chapter|: the index is constructed for the chapter that contains the
> index. A chapter consists of all those paragraphs and headings which
> have the same immediately preceding heading with outline level |1|.

Does that imply that I cannot have a TOC for a sub-chapter?

Or rather, that a TOC always starts at heading 1?

I "tested" (if you can say "testing" includes using one application)
this with OpenOffice 3.0.1 and a third level sub-heading where I
inserted a TOC following the heading, displayed the *preceding* headings
above the sub-chapter, not what I wanted. I looked but didn't see any
setting that would alter that behavior. I assume it would have to be a
setting that changed the start value for an index much in the same way
we can set the ending value for inclusion in an index.

It just struck me as I was reading Michael's suggested fix (which I
think works quite well) that there is an implied limitation that isn't
necessarily obvious.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34