Subject: Re: [office] Office-1812

Hi Andreas,

On Tuesday, 2009-09-29 09:30:35 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

> > > especially
> > > since it leaves an ambiguity when the namespace prefix is made optional.
> >
> > No, it doesn't. If the prefix isn't present it defaults to OpenFormula,
> > there is no need for an '=' equal sign. Note that the namespace does not
> > prefix the formula part of the expression, but the entire attribute's
> > value. If it prefixed the formula itself, there would be confusion for
> > conditions like cell-content-is-between(xx:Value1,xx:Value2) if the 'xx'
> > namespace used a comma operator.
>
> No. You can't have the prefix preceding cell-content-is-between since
> cell-content-is-between may have a different meaning in that formula
> language.

We can define that syntax and semantics of the namespace apply only to
the operands of cell-content-is-between() and such.

cell-content-is-between(xx:Value1,xx:Value2) for the reason of the comma
operator isn't practical. Some might also come up with funny constructs
like cell-content-is-between(xx:Value1,yy:Value2) so we would have to
inhibit that.

  Eike

--
 OpenOffice.org / StarOffice Calc core developer and i18n transpositionizer.
 SunSign   0x87F8D412 : 2F58 5236 DB02 F335 8304  7D6C 65C9 F9B5 87F8 D412

PGP signature