Subject: Communications from JTC1/SC34

The TC should be aware of the following two communications from JTC1/SC34:

SC 34 N 1297 Call for Participation in ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34/WG 6:
OpenDocument Format
http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/1297.htm

This is calling for participation in the new SC34/WG6.  This is
essentially a permanently constituted version of the Ad Hoc 3 Group to
which we appointed liaisons a couple of months ago.

I assume those who were interested in Ad Hoc Group 3 (Michael, Dennis,
Patrick, and I) will also want to be appointed to this new WG. If anyone
else is interested in participating in this WG, please speak up now.

SC 34 N 1298 Draft Agenda for the ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34/WG 6 Meeting to be
held in Paris, France, 2009-12-04
http://www.itscj.ipsj.or.jp/sc34/open/1298.htm

Although the new WG may conduct meetings via teleconference in the future,
its first meeting will be face-to-face in Paris on December 4th.

The TC may appoint one or more delegates to this meeting.  I will not be
able to attend this meeting.  But if any other TC member wishes to attend,
please speak up now.

I'd like to have a vote on these two appointments at our next meeting.

Regards,