Subject: Proposal for new Standing Rule regarding Electronic Ballots

OASIS TC Process 2.13 states:

"Electronic Voting: TCs may conduct electronic ballots, either by using
the TC’s general mail list or the publicly archived electronic voting
functionality provided by OASIS. The minimum period allowed for electronic
voting shall be seven days; the TC may specify a longer voting period for
a particular electronic ballot. Any Specification Ballot conducted as an
electronic ballot must permit each voter to choose "yes", "no" or
"abstain."
A motion to open an electronic ballot must be made in a TC meeting unless
the TC has adopted a standing rule to allow this motion to be made on the
TC’s general email list. When such a rule has been adopted, motions made
on the mail list must also be seconded and discussed on that list."
I'd like to introduce a new standing rule to permit motions to open an
electronic ballot to be made and seconded on this TC list.  This will
ensure that we are able to move ODF 1.2 drafts, Errata drafts, etc.
through the required process, even if TC meetings are canceled due to
holidays or conferences.
My proposed Standing Rule is:
"In accordance with OASIS Technical Committee Process 2.13, the OASIS ODF
TC will allow motions to open electronic ballots to be made, seconded and
discussed on the TC's mailing list".
Adopting a new Standing Rule requires a Full Majority Vote.  I'm hoping to
bring this up for a vote on Monday's TC call.  Please think it over and
share your thoughts on on the list.
Regards,