Subject: RE: [office] OpenDocument-v1.2-part3-draft12.odt

Speaking hypothetically, the combined ballot means that someone who thinks
going to CD is fine but public review is premature has to be willing to end
up with neither in that ballot round.

Since we've not yet had a CD for Part 3, I think we should work the stages
progressively, especially since public review puts some restrictions on our
ability to modify the document short of deciding not to go to CS and going
to another CD instead, putting us pretty much back at start.

 - Dennis

PS: And the current draft seems to be attracting public comments as it is.

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200910/msg00303.html
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 06:41
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org

+1 for conducting the ballot.  Since approving a CD and sending it out to
public review both require a Full Majority Vote, we should be able to do
this in a single ballot.  But we will need some additional language in the
ballot question.

I think we have the main question as:

"Shall the OASIS ODF TC approve ODF 1.2, Part III, Draft 12 as a Committee
Draft and to send that Committee Draft out for a 60-day Public Review?"

[ ... ]