Subject: RE: [office] ODF 1.2 Part 1 Public Review Ballot Motion

Some Parliamentary Matters:

1. I assume that the agreed motion is to be offered on the agenda of the
2009-12-07 Coordination Call.  Is that correct?  Or are you proposing to
initiate an electronic ballot?

2. Is this one motion or three, each contingent on the passage of the
preceding one(s)?

Some Procedural Matters:

3. Surely there are more external stakeholders with regard to this
substantial specification.

  3.1 I would think that there are other industry groups that have an
interest in this specification, as well as civil administration and
governmental bodies that have asserted conditions on the use and adoption of
ODF in their affairs.

  3.2 I also wonder about organizations, such as the IETF, the W3C, and the
Dublin Core Metadata Initiative on which their specifications are relied
upon heavily in various aspects of the normative provisions of the ODF 1.2
specification.  (They might consider themselves stakeholders in the way that
the SVG group has an interest in ensuring that their specifications are
relied upon in suitable ways.)

4. Finally, I wonder if 60 days is sufficient, especially across a time span
where there is considerable holiday and year-end activity in many external
(and internal) stakeholder communities around the world.

 - Dennis