Subject: RE: [office] Placement of the Conformance Section

I was looking around for other information on use of the Conformance Guidelines and I found an additional statement about where the Conformance Section goes.  (I also take it that the Conformance section should only be the Conformance section and nothing but the Conformance section.)

Placement of the Conformance section is also specified in the OASIS Specification Checklist (7 May 2008 edition) at <http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/QAChecklistV2.html>.  It is the very last section of that document.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2009 20:36
To: ODF TC List
Cc: Michael Brauer; Patrick Durusau; Rob Weir; Mary McRae
Subject: [office] Placement of the Conformance Section

It was asked on the 2009-11-09 ODF TC Coordination Call where one finds the statement that the Conformance section be the last-numbered section in an OASIS specification document.  Here is where I found it when researching the topic this weekend:

The statement that the conformance section be the last-numbered section is found in either template, the ODF Text document or the Microsoft Word Document, listed on this page: <http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/>.

It is the specimen section numbered "#" following the specimen heading for section 2.  (This section and the Appendix fail to appear in the template's Table of Contents, but it is present in the body of the template document.)

There may be other places where the statement appears, but the templates are quite specific.

 - Dennis

PS: The XHTML User Guide is for an older version and only specifies that the conformance section be separate.  The XHTML Template has the "#. Conformance" section title but text specifying that this be the last-numbered section is not present.

Dennis E. Hamilton