Subject: Re: [office] Re: [office-formula] Propagation of errors

Rob,

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote on 12/11/2009 09:11:24 AM:
>
>> Do *any* of the functions as defined by OpenFormula propagate errors?
>>

> It depends on what you mean.  "Propagation of error" is a scientific term
> referring to how measurement errors in input values effect the results of
> the output values of a chain of calculations.  I suspect you are meaning
> something else, however.
>
> Are you talking about what happens if a parameter to a formula is an error
> value.  For example, A1 has 1/0, and A2 has SIN([.A1]) and then A3 has
> [.A2]+1 ?
>
> I think

Actually I'm not sure, hence the question. ;-)

OpenFormula talks about not allowing propagation of errors but at one
juncture that is for comparison purposes (can't compare errors to see if
it is the same error) and at others, well, don't really know.

How many senses does OpenFormula use?

Thanks!

Patrick