Subject: Re: [office-formula] Propagation of errors

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 09:11 -0500, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Do *any* of the functions as defined by OpenFormula propagate errors?
>
> Searching on "propagate error values" I haven't found any.
>
> Make me wonder why we keep repeating this.

Chapter 6 (4th paragraph):
Unless otherwise noted, if any value being provided is an error, the
result is an error; if more than one error is provided, one of them is
returned (applications should return the leftmost error result).

So with a few exceptions, all OpenFormula functions propagate errors
(error-in->error-out).

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow