Subject: Re: [office] ODF future versions to JTC1

James,

On 12/21/09 15:36, James Bryce Clark wrote:
> In this case, I have a concern that the ODF TC still has not acted to
> prepare v1.1 for JTC1 receipt.  Any attempt to provide v1.2 to them
> might be considered out of sequence, or encounter other difficulties,
> if v1.1 is not first provided as was expected.  I'm happy to discuss
> this with the TC, if wished.

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us, and for joining
yesterdays TC call.

I have several questions related to a submission of ODF 1.1 to JTC1.
Some of them have been mentioned yesterday already, some of them are new:

1. It is my understanding that ODF 1.1 would become an amendment of
ISO/IEC 26300. What would be submitted from OASIS to JTC1 in that case
is not ODF 1.1 itself, but a diff between ODF 1.1 and ODF 1.0 2nd
edition. Is that correct?

2. Does this require an "OASIS-organized public interoperability
demonstration" as described in item (1c) of liaison policy?

3. At the time we prepared ODF 1.0 2nd edition in response to comments
attached to the ISO/IEC 26300 ballot where was no notion of an "OASIS
errata" existing. We therefore prepared ODF 1.0 2nd edition (rather than
an errata). ODF 1.0 2nd edition went through a public review and
was approved as Committee Specification. Can we consider it to be
equivalent to an approved OASIS errata?

4. To prepare diffs between ODF 1.0 and 1.1 we may have to prepare
specification documents that have the erratas applied. If we prepare a
new specification document by applying approved erratas to an approved
specification (let's say an ODF 1.0 third edition by applying ODF 1.0
errata 01 to ODF 1.0 second edition), does that specification document
require a public review and/or ballot?

Best regards, and best wishes for the holiday season.

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten