Subject: RE: [office] Proposal: Align IS 26300 to ODF 1.1 instead of 1.0 maintenance

Thanks,

This is very helpful.  I need to digest it further and see how to
calendarize the various cases.

Meanwhile, a clarification.  I wasn't thinking of the three
statements-of-use condition for becoming an OASIS Standard but the stronger
requirement which apparently applies before JTC1 submission of either a
1.1-amendment or an ODF 1.2 OASIS Standard.

In the document you linked to in your first reply,

<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php#submitwork>,

The requirement before submission to another standards organization is quite
clear:

"1. Submission requirements.

    "Submissions of OASIS Standards to other standards
    organizations may be made if all of the following
    requirements are satisfied. The OASIS Board of
    Directors must approve any deviations from these
    requirements.

    "c. The successful completion of an OASIS-organized
        public interoperability demonstration between at
        least three independent implementations conducted
        in accordance with the OASIS InterOp Demonstration
        Guidelines."

seems quite imposing, especially for submission of a 1.1 as an amendment to
IS 26300.  I have no idea what the prospects for an approved deviation might
be.

 - Dennis