Subject: Re: [office] Groups - OpenDocument-v1.1_compare_1.0_2ndEd (OpenDocument-v1.1_compare_1.0_2ndEd.pdf) uploaded

Patrick,

I don't think there is anything here that the TC can approve.  It doesn't
fit into anything in our process for any kind of deliverable.

I think the diff'ing side will need to happen using your SC34 Project
Editor in WG6.  Of course, to the extent you find our input helpful, feel
free to float it by the list.  But it might be better to float it directly
on the WG6 list, and get the participation of stakeholders there.

What might work is this:

1) We agree as a TC that we want SC34 to create an amendment to ISO/IEC
26300:2006, scoped to make that standard technically equivalent to OASIS
ODF 1.1.  We commit to providing OASIS ODF 1.1 formally as material for
that project, once the subdivision occurs in SC34.  Informally, of course,
you could start on the editing work immediately, as evidently you already
have.  But the point is we submit only documents that are OASIS final
deliverables, like ODF 1.1.  We don't submit diff's.  But you create
diff's from what we submit.  That'll keep the lawyers happy.

2) Before we formally contribute the ODF 1.1 text, the TC would need to
meet the requirements of the new OASIS Liaison policy, or get a waiver.
That gives us three months to get that part done.

3) You do your diff and amendment preparation in WG6 and take that forward
as an FPDAM.  No further approvals needed on the OASIS.

4) The TC submits comments shortly before the FPDAM ballot ends to
reconcile the amendment with all current approved corrigenda.

5) The TC then takes those same comments, plus whatever other ballot
comments we receive, and prepares Approved Errata for ODF 1.1
corresponding to ISO/IEC 26300:2006/Amd.1

-Rob