Subject: Two JIRA Issues for discussion

Hi

there are two JIRA issues I'd like to discuss in the next TC meeting:

1) http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2215

The question here is whether or not we want to switch to XSD as schema
language for the digital signature schema.

2) http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2214

The question here is whether we want to make changes to the RNG schema
right now, or for ODF-Next.

We actually got a contribution for an ODF schema for part 1 that does
not use the "combine" attribute:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201002/msg00022.html

However, changing the schema in the last minute of cause has some risks.
The current schema is well tested, and while there have been changes for
ODF 1.2, it is in use since ODF 1.0.

So, maybe, we should just switch to a new schema structure as first
action for ODF 1.3/2.0 rather than the last one for ODF 1.2?

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels