Subject: RE: certificate chain and XAdes, was Re: [office] RE: DigitalSignatures

Michael,

>I think what we need is not a single profile, but a set of profiles,
>where each profile is tailored to the requirements of a specific country.

Hopefully we won't need that much profiles :-)

> The question, to which I personally have no answer, is: Is XML DSig
> considered to have too many options? Is it known to have
> interoperability issues? Is it known to be hard to implement?

For instance, signature time in OOo is stored in a <dc:time> in a
<ds:SignatureProperty> inside a <ds:Object>. That's correct per spec,
but will other implementations be able to figure it out ?

(XAdES has SigningTime, for instance)

Will implementations be able to handle multiple signatures ?

(note I'm not ranting against OOo, AFAIK it is the only office suite code
base that signs ODF documents, but just thinking out loud what could
go wrong)

Best regards,

Bart