Subject: Re: [office] Updated: (OFFICE-1807) ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 N 1078 :DEFECT REPORT NUMBER JP2-15

Hi Dennis,

Agreement on everything you said.
I believe, if you make a fresh copy of ODF 1.0 the fixes made for ODF 1.0 2nd are included?

PS: The reference issue you mentioned is really a phantom one, the reference exists in all three documents of ODF 1.0, ODF 1.0 2nd and ISO/IEC 26300:2006.

Regards,
Svante

Am 18.05.2010 16:59, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
Just to make certain that we are on the same page about this:

We cannot do Errata against ODF 1.0 ed.2.  That is not an approved OASIS Standard.  You must do Errata against an Approved OASIS Standard, not an approved ISO Standard.  If the necessary repair can't be made against the OASIS ODF 1.0 *Standard*, we must defer it, waiting until we accomplish the ODF 1.1 Alignment at ISO.

It is important to look at IS 26300 (and ODF 1.0 ed.2) to make sense of the defect report.  But it must then also make sense against the ODF 1.0 Standard.  If not, we have to defer it to resolution after the Alignment.

If you have changed the Erratum so that it works against the ODF 1.0 Standard and resolves the defect, great! I will be checking for that when I re-apply your next draft to a fresh copy of ODF 1.0.

Later, we will have to be careful to ensure that the transposition to an IS 26300/COR or the 26300/AMD deals with this properly so we end up with the same text at both ISO and OASIS.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: OASIS Issues Tracker [mailto:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 05:33
To: office@lists.oasis-open.org

     [ http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-1807?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel ]

Svante Schubert  updated OFFICE-1807:
-------------------------------------

[ ... ]

Dennis, the missing reference text seems to be a phantom issue. In a new downloaded version of ODF 1.0,2nd ed. the chapter reference does exist.
I therefore only exchange the single wrong attribute word instead of getting into trouble with copying part of references in the errata document.

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 N 1078 : DEFECT REPORT NUMBER  JP2-15

                Key: OFFICE-1807
            Project: OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC
         Issue Type: Bug
   Affects Versions: ODF 1.0 (second edition)
           Reporter: Robert Weir
           Assignee: Svante Schubert
            Fix For: ODF 1.0 Errata CD 5

[ ... ]