Subject: RE: [office] Digital Signatures DII event, June 8

The focus of the presentation will be on the technical details of XAdES and what benefit you get from each additional level. To help organize my thoughts, I posted an article on my blog - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/david_leblanc/archive/2010/05/30/office-2010-digital-signatures-and-xades.aspx.

While that's written from the standpoint of what we just shipped in Office 2010, the technical benefits all certainly apply to what I'd like to see in ODF signatures going forward. I should spend part of the presentation discussing what I proposed earlier on this list as well.

From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 5:16 PM
To: Cherie Ekholm
Cc: office@lists.oasis-open.org; oic@lists.oasis-open.org

Cherie Ekholm <cheriee@exchange.microsoft.com> wrote on 05/26/2010
04:30:05 PM:

> In case you haven't all been keeping up with Doug Mahugh's blog, our
> team is sponsoring a Document Interoperability Initiative event in
> Redmond on June 8. This DII event is devoted to the topic of Digital
> Signatures. David LeBlanc, who recently joined the ODF TC to work on
> digital signatures will be one of the presenters, as will Dennis
> Hamilton. For this event, we've added an option to attend virtually
> via LiveMeeting. For more info, you can find details on Doug's blog at
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dmahugh/archive/2010/05/26/agenda-for-
> june-8-digital-signatures-workshop.aspx.

Thanks for the invite.  I hadn't noticed Doug's mention of it before. Will
this be discussing ODF digital signatures and how MS Office will handle
them?  Or is this mainly about what Office does with OpenXML?

I'll be working with a customer on an ODF migration that day, so I'll miss
the virtual attendance, but thanks for making that opportunity available
for those who can make it.