Subject: RE: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Agenda July 19th

As far as I know, Word does not store change-tracking in exported .odt
files.  There may be more luck transporting change tracking by saving as a
.doc, importing into OO.o 3.2, and exporting as an .odt.  (The new
translator release might do this better, but I don't think it handles
anything Word 2010 doesn't.)

If Cherie sends me a .docx I can try the via-.doc route.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: David LeBlanc [mailto:dleblanc@exchange.microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 09:09
To: Cherie Ekholm; robert_weir@us.ibm.com; office@lists.oasis-open.org

I've just sent a complete draft of my proposal for digital signatures to
Cherie. There are a few issues outstanding, some minor:

[ ... ]
- Apparently, Word, ODT files and revision tracking do not play nicely
together. I didn't know the exact format for specifying the change, and it
seemed like a revision-tracked copy would be helpful in reviewing a draft. I
understand that this is a bit heretical in this particular context, but I
saved them as .docx files to be able to send Cherie a draft. If someone
would like to see the draft before Cherie turns it into a proper proposal,
I'll be happy to forward the documents as-is to either individuals or the
list.

[ ... ]