Subject: RE: [office] Maybe it is just me

Patrick,

hmmz, it appears to be a Jira bug / feature ...

http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-12230

Bart

From: Patrick Durusau [patrick@durusau.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:21 PM
To: ODF office
Subject: [office] Maybe it is just me

  Greetings!

Probably by mistake but while I was searching for an issue to see if I
had already entered it, I looked at the text search JIRA was actually
performing.

Looks like JIRA splits words written with the a colon, ":" into two words.

Have to enclose them in double quotes to avoid this.

Gee, why would anybody at OASIS ever write a string that had a colon ":"
in it? Particularly in markup standards? Or want to search for such a
string?

What is even stranger is that we have the major enterprise software
vendors in the world as OASIS sponsors and TCs are equipped with
laughable technical infrastructure for their work.

Sorry, I go back to posting issues and editing.

If the people paying the freight don't care, my complaining isn't going
to change anything.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34