Subject: Re: [office] [OASIS Issue Tracker] Commented: (OFFICE-3297) Part 3[Blowfish] Reference Out-of-Date, Misleading

Michael,

The TC needs to make a choice about how to treat references that may be
updated but I don't know that it is "problematic."

It is entirely permissible for the TC to chose to base conformance on a
particular version of another standard. For example, a standard could
cite Unicode 4.0 and say that conformance was based on support for
Unicode 4.0 and no later versions or amendments to the same.

I choose Unicode because the usual case is that standards reference the
current version and any later editions.

I don't think that causes much of an issue because conformance to
Unicode can extend to a subset of characters and abilities.

I don't recall seeing a standard that chose to include later editions of
some standards but specific versions of others. Will have to investigate
that as a possibility.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick