Subject: weak Unicode characters -http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2930

Greetings!

I need some help with the phrase "weak Unicode characters" in 20.346
style:script-type, which reads (in part):

> The usage of this attribute simplifies transformations from and to
> [CSS2]/[XSL] and other formats that do not have script-dependent
> attributes, and also can be used to assign script-types to weak
> [UNICODE] characters, where consumers may choose different script
> types.

Question: Does "weak [UNICODE] characters," refer to "weak types" for
the Unicode Bi-di algorithm? If so, the "consumers" may choose different
script types." I don't think is an accurate description of resolution of
"weak [UNICODE] characters."

Suggestions? I can apply the resolution to make this a note (which it
clearly is) but that doesn't resolve the meaning of "weak Unicode
characters."

Thanks!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Patrick

PS: Please pardon the lack of my usual sig. My main box died/is in the
shop so I pulled an old Linux box out and updated the OS and have been
using it.